Thursday, May 17, 2007

Monica and Nathan Are In China (1) - -Beijing!





Monica and Nathan have traveled from Houston to meet their daughter Ella this Sunday! She is waiting for them in Ningdu, Jianxi, and they will meet her in Nanchang, the provincial capital of Jianxi. First they are doing a three day pre-trip in Beijing. Monica writes:

Hello!

The weather is perfect here! Sunny, with a great breeze to keep it feeling cool. Today we saw or should I say ran through the Temple of Heaven and The Summer Palace. Each time I would stop to take a picture the group would get so far ahead I was running to catch up. I think I took a million photos of roof lines and buildings so I was doing a good bit of running. I would have loved to have been able to spend more time at The Summer Palace because I know we missed seeing so much.

Lunch today was interesting. Rocky took us to a place that while you eat people perform dances or play music up on a stage. Nathan really enjoyed the rabbit!!

Attached are photos of Rocky, Gladney's long-time Beijing facilitator, the girls dancing at lunch, and the group in front of the Temple of Heaven!

No comments: