Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gladney Mom Publishes Book!

Hi - Gayle Kamen-Weinstein here. I am a Gladney parent x 2. I along with 6 other parents including Danny Fuller also a Gladney parent have recently published Our Blessings from China. It is our family's story of our adoption journey covering the last 10 years of China adoption. All the stories are heart-warming and very personal.
In Houston I have been hosted by several bookstores and schools for talks on adoption and book signings. One local middle school bought 30 copies and have invited me to be a guest lecturerer for the Chinese classes and their writers workshop. I am also the featured speaker at an upcoming International Festival next month.
Our girls, Jennifer, almost 12, adopted in 1998 and Melanie almost 9, adopted in 2001 are competitive gymnasts and bright, beautiful girls. We are in the process of planning for Jennifer's Bat Mitzvah in 2010.

No comments: