Monday, May 07, 2012

Memories of Gladney's 125th Celebration

By April Uduhiri, Caseworker

In 125 years, the Gladney Center has touched so many lives in positive ways. I am always impressed and amazed after spending time in Gladney’s Fort Worth office, but this trip was really special. Hearing stories about Gladney from adoptive families, board members, and Gladney staff (past and present) just reminded me why I am so proud to work for this amazing organization. The whole weekend was a whirlwind of activity and the TX staff did a fantastic job with planning the events for the celebration! My favorite moments were getting to meet adoptive families on Saturday at the Coming Home event at Gladney’s campus. It was especially heartwarming to meet some of the China families that I have worked with and see the families that have been created through this program! 125 has been a memorable year so far and I know Gladney will continue to do great work building more families throughout the next 125 years!

No comments: